Friday, April 14, 2006

Borrrring

Not that there's anything wrong with that:

Children should expect some of their lessons to be boring because life is not a "Disney ride", teachers said yesterday.

....Zoe Fail, a mathematics teacher. thinks that children are not bored enough because their lives are over-stimulated.

"Being bored encourages thinking skills and imaginative play," she said. "I remember being bored but I am not bored now because I know how to deal with it."

....Barry Williams, a lecturer at Hertford Regional College, said: "I do not believe I teach boring lessons. Ofsted just don't understand the nuances and subtleties of my lessons.

"When they say to me: 'Mr Williams, that girl is looking out of the window staring at a tree,' I say: 'Do they not recognise the advanced stages of Zen Buddhism which I have brought into my lessons?'

"I am, in fact, producing adults who will be able to watch party political broadcasts.

"I am producing future teachers who can go through a day of Inset training."

No comments: