Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Don't Get No Respect

I'm not such a bad guy when you get to know me:
Josef Fritzl made an astonishing plea for understanding from his cell today saying: "I am not a monster."

The Austrian, who locked up his own daughter in a dungeon for 24 years and subjected her to repeated rapes, claimed he has been unfairly represented by the police and the media.

And in a twisted bid for sympathy he argued that he should be held in high regard for not killing Elisabeth, 42, and the children he incestuously fathered on her - Kerstin, 19, Stefan 18 and five-year-old Felix.

....today, through his lawyer Rudolph Mayer, Fritzl made his first statement since being arrested last month after police discovered his double life.

He said: "Kerstin would not be alive today if it wasn't for me. I have made sure that she gets to a hospital.

"I could have killed all of them, and nothing would have come out of that. No-one would have ever known about it.

"I could have killed them and then sealed the place with concrete; it would have been very easy.

"I have not been treated fairly, it has all been one-sided."

No comments: