Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Used up their nine lives?

In England it's the giving away season:

Last year, the RSPCA investigated 530 complaints of animals being abandoned between December 23, 2004 and January 5, 2005.

Some of the reasons given are:

My cat doesn't match my new carpet
I've got a new puppy that is too boisterous for our old dog. Can you take the old dog away?
Our kitten isn't playful enough with our children
We don't want our three rabbits because they don't come out to greet us
I've got two elderly terriers and I don't want them to get the new carpet dirty
My dog keeps hiding my shoes
Our cats sleep on the stairs. I don't want my daughter to trip over them when she comes to stay
She hurts my legs when she wags her tail
Our dog gets jealous when we sit together

No comments: