Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Self Awareness Deficit Alert

Pace Dorothy Parker, we could take all the self-awareness found at Semi-Daily Journal (including that of the commenters) fit it into a flea's navel, and have room left over for several caraway seeds.

J Bradford DeLong criticizes Amity Shlaes for recognizing that someone had to have done something to save tens of thousands of lives in New Orleans:

One of the Financial Times's great advantages to me is that I kinow I can count on it not to print things by people who are deliberately lying to me. Or, rather, one of the Financial Times's great advantages was that I thought I could count on it not to print things by people who are deliberately lying to me.

That's from the same guy who last week lied seriatim to the FT's readers. Deliberately doctoring a quote from the Red Cross's website to make it seem that they blamed FEMA for keeping emergency supplies from being delivered into New Orleans, when it was clear they blamed local and state authorities for the fiasco.

No comments: