Friday, October 01, 2004

It's Not That He Does It So Badly, But That He Does It At All


Run for President, I mean. Because he clearly wants Kofi Annan's job:

Mr Kerry....But if and when you do it, Jim, you've got to do it in a way that passes the test. That passes the global test ....

To which, this was the perfect reply:

Mr. Bush: Let me-I'm not exactly sure what you mean: passes the global test. You take pre-emptive action if you pass a global test? My attitude is you take pre-emptive action in order to protect the American people. That you act in order to make this country secure.

....I just think trying to be popular kind of in the global sense, if it's not in our best interest, makes no sense. I'm interested in working with other nations and do a lot of it. But I'm not going to make decisions that I think are wrong for America.

No comments: