Friday, October 01, 2004

A Mistake By Any Other Name (Fun With 'Control F')

Mr Kerry:...We can't leave a failed Iraq. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake of judgment to go there .....


Mr Kerry: Well, you know when I talked about the $87 billion I made a mistake in how I talk about the war. But the president made a mistake in invading Iraq.


Mr. Lehrer: ...after you came back from Vietnam and you said, "How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?'' Are Americans now dying in Iraq for a mistake?

Mr. Kerry: No....


Mr. Kerry: I wasn't misleading when I said he was a threat. Nor was I misleading on the day that the president decided to go to war when I said that he had made a mistake in not building strong alliances....


Mr. Kerry: Secretary of State Colin Powell told this president the Pottery Barn rule, if you break it you fix it. Now if you break it, you made a mistake. It's the wrong thing to do. But you own it. And then you've got to fix it and do something with it. Now that's what we have to do. There's no inconsistency.


No comments: